“GSLSA” MISSION STATEMENT & PURPOSE
In July of 1993, the founders of the ALLIANCE had a vision that they would join together and fight for the common good of the surveying profession, providing the “rank and file” surveyors with the vehicle for them to be heard and help to “plot” the direction of their profession. The officers and members will never lose that vision.
The Garden State Land Surveyors Alliance (also known as the “Alliance”) is dedicated to advancing and preserving the surveying profession, promoting the common good and welfare of its members, promoting and maintaining the highest possible standards of professional ethics and practice, and elevating the public’s understanding of our profession. GSLSA represents all land surveyors, whether they are employees or proprietors, in the public or the private sector.
The Garden State Land Surveyors Alliance was organized for but not limited to the following purposes:
- To promote the general welfare and interests of the SURVEYING PROFESSION within the state of New Jersey;
- To cooperate with other state, national and international associations having like purposes;
- To support the enhancement of wise and uniform legislation, as such may effect the business of the members;
- To seek to eliminate unfair, destructive and discriminatory practices within the Surveying Profession;
- To foster cooperation and unity among the surveyors within the profession;
- To educate its members and the PROFESSION regarding their rights and obligations;
- To improve the image of the surveyors within the profession and within the general populace;
- To seek ways and means of solving professional-wide problems;
- To assist members in keeping abreast of developments within the profession;
- To raise funds to accomplish it’s purposes;
- To establish a goodwill or charity fund and provide and raise monies therefore;
- To provide funding to initiate and implement it’s purposes aforementioned;
- To exercise all such powers as are granted by N.J.S.A. 15A:3-1 et seq.;
- To foster social and fraternal relations among its members.